Monday, May 12, 2008

Summer Reading List

Finally, the Spring Semester is done and I am free from the burden of classes, exams and research papers! Now, I can concentrate my time on doing something else: reading.

My reading list for this summer:

Must finish:
1. The Holy Qur'an (Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali)
2. The Bible
3. Bhagavad Gita

Motivated to finish:
4. Islam and Economic Challenges (M.U. Chapra)
5. The Book of I-Ching
6. Issues in Contemporary Islamic Thought (Al-Alwani) Done! (5/14/08)
7. Rethinking Muslim Women and the Veil (Katherine Bullock)
8. Islam and Democracy (Esposito and Voll) Done! (7/12/08)
9. Islam in Transition (Donohue and Voll)
10. The Cross and The Crescent (Richard Fletcher)
11. The Undercover Economist (Tim Harford)

Optional read:
12. Tajdid al-Fikri'l Islami (Muhsin 'Abd. Rahman)
13. Contemplation: An Islamic Psychospiritual Study (Malik Badri)
14. Treatise on Maqasid al-Shari'ah (Ibn Ashur)
15. The Palestine-Israeli Conflict (Cohn-Sherbok and El-Alami)
16. World Philosophies (Ninian Smart)
17. IDIOT'S Guide to Philosophy (Jay Stevenson)

Reading time commences: Monday, May 12,2008
Reading time ends : Sunday, August 24, 2008

I hope I could finish all the readings before the Fall Semester begins. Gotta catch up with a lot of stuff! {>.<}

No comments: